Staff Embedded Software Engineer
- Position Type: Exempt
We are seeking an innovative, hands-on Staff Embedded Software Engineer to join our software engineering team to develop first-to-market products that will create the future of medical aesthetics. Products apply a broad range of internally developed directed energy sources including laser, ultrasound, and radio-frequency devices. Our software team develops the embedded software that enables these products to revolutionize patient outcomes.
The ideal candidate would have a strong track record of innovation, the ability to lead and inspire an engineering team, and experience driving product designs through all phases of commercial product development. This position provides a unique opportunity to drive innovation from the component to system level in a fast-paced, collaborative, and well-funded R&D environment.
- Design, write and test embedded software in C and C++
- Participate in identifying and adopting industry-leading software development tools for embedded systems, user interfaces, and wireless connectivity solutions.
- Participate in development of Software Requirements Specifications, Software Design Documents and Software Verification & Validation test plans.
- Participate in selection of hardware critical to embedded software (such as MCU's) and partner with electrical engineering team in defining digital electronics designs.
- Ensure software development processes comply with applicable regulatory standards including IEC 60601 (and relevant daughter standards), ISO13485, and 21 CFR
- As a senior member of the engineering team, help define architecture for new products and drive improvements to our product development process.
- Participate in medical device development activities, including development of new device requirements, system specifications and architecture.
- Work with the Sustaining Engineering Group providing support for existing devices
- Expertise in C and C++
- Proficient with software revision control systems
- At least 5 years' experience developing embedded software for medical capital equipment devices for all phases of product development
- In-depth knowledge of embedded, microprocessor-based controller design and HW communication standards such as RS232, I2C, SPI, USB and Ethernet. In depth knowledge of real time operating systems for systems based on ARM microprocessors, using IAR tools, and SEGGER embOS and Linux operating systems
- Strong track record developing embedded systems based on Linux
- Expertise in reading electrical schematics and using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for debugging
- Extensive knowledge of device design of complex electro-mechanical systems, electro-optical systems, digital electronics, and control circuits used in capital equipment medical devices
Education & Experience:
- MS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of related experience in embedded control system design and debugging
- Experience with software development in Qt environment helpful
- Experience with GUI design preferred
Austin Vita is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Vita is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.