Senior Scientist (NGS Assay Development)
Primary Job description
Leads projects. Provides technical review, direction, and feedback to others. Conducts advanced research.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and conduct routine to complex experimental procedures within the overall scope of a research project and/or diagnostic test development project.
- Displays strong technical knowledge and expertise in molecular biology methods such as DNA/ RNA extractions, PCR, qRT-PCR, and sequencing.
- Experience with NGS and basic bioinformatics tools for NGS analysis is highly preferred.
- Responsible for designing and troubleshooting experiments.
- Providing technical expertise and problem-solving.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Designs and conducts experiments, accomplishes established milestones and summarizes data, interprets results, and draws conclusions.
- Recommends options for future experiments.
- Presents scientific data in internal and external meetings.
- Supervises or coaches lower-level scientists.
- Provides consultation to others on technical issues.
- Conducts meetings with external collaborators and clients.
- Prepares and present scientific reports and posters.
- Able to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
Participates in lab safety.
Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
Position Accountability / Scope
Contributes to project plan. Responsible for project completion.
- Masters Degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or genetics
- Ph.D Preferred
Minimum Experience / Training Required
3-5 years of relevant research experience or industrial experience
Austin Vita is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Vita is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.