A fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our medical device client who design, develop and manufacture medical devices under one roof. This will suit someone who is looking to join a business who have new projects on the go and are making lots of new changes within Supplier Quality.
- Hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
Working within the Supplier Quality Team this position will focus on aspects such as incoming Material Qualification routes, how things should be qualified, how to do process validation etc as the business has new design work coming in which will bring new suppliers to the site/business.
- Establish, maintain and execute the means of evaluating, including site auditing, and approving; the quality/regulatory aspects of vendors to maintain a compliant approved external supply base in the best commercial interests of the company
- Co-ordination, review and approval of internal and external component qualification effort, including coordinating conduct of; metrology, measurement system analysis and capability assessments; to ensure ongoing confidence that all externally supplied componentry meets predefined design requirements, in a compliantly documented manner
- Co-ordinate the supplier corrective action request system to ensure the timely resolution and closure of vendor related quality issues
- Support vendor communication and improvement activity, using problem solving tools, to continuously improve the quality and cost of vendor supplied product and service
- Compile metrics relating to vendors quality performance; to support provision of vendor performance analysis to top management
- Support the Quality Engineering Manager coordinating tasks and supervision of resource to optimise the effectiveness of quality engineering work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the requirements of GDP and GMP.
- HND equivalent calibre in engineering, science or technology discipline.
- Lead Auditor qualification (ISO 9000 series based quality system essential, ISO13485 preferred).
- Experience of quickly evolving environment with cross functional team working.
- Ability to interpret technical standards, technical drawings and specifications with a good understanding of metrology and other measurement considerations.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, good verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a range of statistical techniques including; sampling techniques, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), capability analysis etc.; experience of using applicable s/w applications advantageous.
- Experience of risk management techniques including Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Exposure to common formal problem solving techniques.
For immediate consideration please forward your most up to date CV
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.