Senior Scientist (NGS Assay Development)
Primary Job description
Leads projects. Provides technical review, direction, and feedback to others. Conducts advanced research.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and conduct routine to complex experimental procedures within the overall scope of a research project and/or diagnostic test development project.
- Displays strong technical knowledge and expertise in molecular biology methods such as DNA/ RNA extractions, PCR, qRT-PCR, and sequencing.
- Experience with NGS and basic bioinformatics tools for NGS analysis is highly preferred.
- Responsible for designing and troubleshooting experiments.
- Providing technical expertise and problem-solving.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Designs and conducts experiments, accomplishes established milestones and summarizes data, interprets results, and draws conclusions.
- Recommends options for future experiments.
- Presents scientific data in internal and external meetings.
- Supervises or coaches lower-level scientists.
- Provides consultation to others on technical issues.
- Conducts meetings with external collaborators and clients.
- Prepares and present scientific reports and posters.
- Able to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
Participates in lab safety.
Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
Position Accountability / Scope
Contributes to project plan. Responsible for project completion.
- Masters Degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or genetics
- Ph.D Preferred
Minimum Experience / Training Required
3-5 years of relevant research experience or industrial experience