We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Human Factors Consultant who will relish the challenge of working on a broad range of Medical Devices, from diagnostics, drug delivery, combinations devices, medicinal products, to surgical devices and more! The position will also involve mentoring up and coming HF superstars in the making and offers fllexible working.
- 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours (able to do 37.5 hours Monday to Thursday)
- Understanding the medical device development process and how Human Factors Engineering can benefit at each stage of the process. To include; where design decisions are made and where the business can be commercially sensitive with onward recommendations.
- Identify/Apply current industry best practice and techniques.
- Managing the delivery of high quality Human Factors projects to clients, on time and within budget.
- Write/review study protocols, discussion guides and the associated supporting documentation for formative and summative Human Factors studies (selecting appropriate research methods).
- Supporting directors with resource management and scheduling in line with budgets/client needs.
- Confidently and independently moderate usability test sessions in accordance with the study protocol.
- Identify adverse events and protocol deviations during fieldwork, and where required, perform accurate and appropriate reporting.
- Analyse and synthesize study data confidently and efficiently in accordance with study objectives (e.g. data manipulation in Excel)
- Accurately collect data through direct observation and/or post-hoc video analysis.
- Impeccable data handling skills including accuracy of root cause data gathering during test sessions and accurate expert root cause analysis, trend identification and extrapolation of commercially sensitive recommendations.
- Author and review concise and accurate study reports in appropriate technical writing style whilst ensuring data integrity.
- Generate and review engaging and on-brand presentations using MS PowerPoint and Adobe CC Suite.
Independently present and disseminate study results confidently to clients.
- Champion the application of good research practices such as taking informed consent, data privacy considerations and ethical best practices and demonstrate proactivity in keeping up to date with changes in applicable standards and best practices (e.g. BHBIA)
- Generate and review documentation of use-related risk assessments to help inform new device developments.
- Degree or higher in Human Factors Engineering, or relevant related subject
- Knowledge of the product development process
- Medical Devices experience
- Technical report writing skills
- Great communications skills
- Happy in a client facing role
For immediate consideration please forward your most up to date CV
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.