OverviewOur client is a leading innovator in the field of Medical Devices. They pride themselves on pushing the boundaries of technology and creating cutting-edge products that shape the future. Their team of engineers and designers are at the forefront of innovation, and they are looking for a Senior Electronics / Firmware Engineer to join their dynamic team.
The Senior Electronics / Firmware Engineer will play a pivotal role in the design and development of electronic products from concept to production. You will be responsible for ensuring that products meet requirements, adhere to project timelines, stay within budget constraints, and comply with regulatory standards.
- 25 Days Annual Leave, Plus Eight Bank Holidays
- 8% Non-Contributory Pension
- Simply Health Medical Cover
- Life Insurance
- Early Finish Fridays
- SAYE Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Design and develop electronic systems with a focus on digital and analogue design.
- Create and implement firmware in 'C,' VHDL, and FPGA.
- Knowledge and experience with C++, .NET, C#, Java, Python, or algorithm development is an advantage.
- Ideally, have prior work placement experience in a Design House or R&D department.
- Proficiency with CAD tools for schematic capture and PCB layout, with Altium experience preferred.
- Exhibit a "can-do" attitude, be inquisitive, and be willing to take on tasks essential to project success.
- Strong client-facing skills with excellent presentation and communication abilities.
- Capability to handle other system elements within a project, such as thermals, optics, etc., is an advantage.
- Ideally, possess a minimum of 5+ years of design experience, though exceptional candidates with lower experience will be considered if they can demonstrate outstanding abilities.
- Be a hands-on, self-motivated individual willing to learn and contribute to the evolution of the R&D department.
- A degree (2:1 or better) in a related field.
- Proven experience in digital and analogue design.
- Embedded programming experience in 'C,' VHDL, and FPGA.
- Knowledge of C++, .NET, C#, Java, Python, or algorithm development is a plus.
- Familiarity with CAD tools for schematic capture and PCB layout, with a preference for Altium.
- Strong client-facing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Willingness to take on diverse project tasks and responsibilities.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Check us out on our website and LinkedIn for more roles.
We respect your personal data and would never offer it to third parties! For more information on how we handle your data, feel free to check out the Austin Fraser Privacy Notice or contact firstname.lastname@example.org Austin Fraser International Ltd is registered in England: 14971372 Austin Fraser International Ltd, 33 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QU