This is an Excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in continuing to progress in their career as an Embedded Software Engineer within the Medical Device industry.
Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Medical Device space after having their products approved to be sold in the US. Since then, the company has taken off with revenue and are in a position to expand their team to help with the support of their continuing success. This is a great time to join as you will be part of the team that will be developing a new product platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, testing, documenting, and maintaining embedded software for medical devices and related systems. Building upon the company's success in several new applications of technology are now being actively developed. The Embedded Software Engineer will be involved in the full lifecycle of new software development, as well as the maintenance of existing code.
- Up to 20% Bonus Upon Meeting Targets
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- 25 Days Paid Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A degree in software engineering, computer science, information engineering or other related scientific discipline.
- Minimum 6-7 years within a similar role
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and validation of software in the medical device industry
- knowledge of IEC 62304, and ISO 13485
- Exposure to the full software development life cycle.
- Familiar with complying with standard operating procedures, coding standards, quality management system, etc.
- Real Time Operating Systems, ideally VxWorks and SafeRTOS.
- Linux in embedded environments.
- Embedded systems programming/debugging in C.
- Microcontrollers, e.g., PIC, Atmel.
- Intel microprocessors, e.g., embedded PC boards.
- Knowledge of digital electronics, familiarity with software implementation using electronic component datasheets, using oscilloscopes, in-circuit debuggers, working closely with electronics engineers, etc.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.