Technical Business Development Manager
Our client is a global leading company within the Medical Device Industry and are currently in search of a Technical Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will be leading the strategic sales activities for the development of new medical devices, working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to achieve set goals within budget.
- Remote working - up to 2 days per week
- Flexi time - covering 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days annual leave (with the opportunity to earn loyalty days with length of service)
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 10 days purchased per holiday year)
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
- Enhanced Sickness Pay
- Group Life Insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Annual company bonus
- Free parking, free tea & coffee and free fruit
- Sell the client's medical device recommending the best method to service each potential customer.
- Work with the Business Development team to develop and support the sales strategy.
- Create a list of key accounts for new or increased business internationally with a focus on long term growth.
- Ensure good and regular communication across relevant departments
- Develop senior level relationships in these accounts to enable the company to maximise growth
- Ensure familiarity with regulatory requirements in all designated markets.
- Maintain and develop the business target markets and major activities
- Keep fully updated with Pharma and Medical Device market intelligence and advise on where to expand.
- Coordinate negotiations
- Support the account managers as required.
- Take charge of new enquiries generated or allocated are handled efficiently, working closely with the account managers where new business is with existing customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of product design, engineering drawings and manufacturing equipment
- Extensive high-level experience of managing Pharma/Medical Device key accounts and dealing with all departments such as purchasing, engineering, commercial, formulation scientists and device technicians.
- Recent and relevant exposure to selling and leading negotiations in different countries and an appreciation for different structures and approaches to healthcare. Including experience in setting budget and sales targets across a Sales Group.
- Proven experience in negotiating contracts at senior levels
- Proven understanding of the medical device and Pharmaceutical market, with recent and relevant experience in the industry.
- Substantial Experience in at least two of the following disciplines, Sales, Design or Manufacturing of medical devices with supporting qualifications.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.