This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate interested in growing their career as a Software Test Engineer within the Medical Device industry.
Our client is a growing company in the Medical Device space after having their products approved to be sold in the US. Since then, the company has taken off with revenue and are in a position to expand their team to help with the support of their continuing success. This is a great time to join as you will be part of the team that will be developing a new product platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing test specifications and testing embedded software for medical devices and related systems. They will be involved in the full lifecycle of new and existing software testing.
- Up to 20% Bonus Upon Meeting Targets
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Paid Annual Leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A degree in software engineering, computer science, information engineering or other related scientific discipline.
- Minimum 2 years within a similar role
- Validation of Software within the Medical Device Industry
- Embedded software background
- Experience of software testing using oscilloscopes, in-circuit debuggers, in-circuit emulators, logic analysers, software debuggers, etc.
- knowledge of IEC 62304, ISO 13485, and ISO 14971
- Ability to write test cases against software requirements.
- Experience of testing in Real Time Operating System environments, ideally VxWorks and SafeRTOS.
- Experience of testing in bare-metal environments.
- Experience of testing in Microsoft Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience of testing with Intel microprocessors, e.g., embedded PC boards, and
- microcontrollers, e.g., PIC, Atmel.
- Unit test design.
- Unit testing in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of digital electronics.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.