Austin Vita are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join an established Medical Devices firm based around the Essex area.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the full life cycle of R&D, the concept, design and development of medical and non-medical components and devices/accessories through initial concept design, engineering analysis, prototyping, risk assessment and evaluation to realise the planned device portfolio. This role will involve working with the R&D team overseeing from concept to testing all the way into manufacturing. This is a permanent, hybrid role (60:40 onsite).
Responsbilities may include:
- Lead the conception, design and development of medical device
- Lead the technical development of products and systems
- Research, design development and prototyping of products in accordance with company development standards to meet functional, clinical, regulatory and manufacturing requirements
- Technical approval for project and process output to ensure compliance with agreed specifications and all relevant regulatory standards
- Generate and review design history file documentation in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements throughout the product life cycle to ensure the design is fully documented
- Bachelors or Master's degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent skill and knowledge gained through significant practical experience
- Proven experience of Mechanical product development to meet regulatory and user requirements and optimise for manufacture, e.g. DFMEA, user risk assessments, usability studies, verification activities, conducting design reviews, producing and approving DHF documents
- Applied knowledge of Mechanical engineering principles and Manufacturing processes
If this position is of interest, please submit your CV in response. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position in any more detail, please get in contact using the details provided.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.