Our Client, an Innovative and rapidly growing Life Science company based in Oxfordshire have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Systems Manager to join the Team as they continue to develop new products and tools (Hardware, Software and Biochem applications) into the fascinating and life changing world of Research.
As Quality Systems Manager, you will be responsible for implementing quality control systems and administering the QMS, holding colleagues and vendors accountable for adherence to your protocols. Reporting into Senior Leadership, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring product quality standards remain consistently exceptional.
You're motivated by maintaining standards and communicating the importance of adherence to colleagues and vendors in a collaborative manner. You've established a track record of developing and deploying quality systems within fast-paced manufacturing environments, often working with a range of complex components conforming to tight tolerances. You are enthusiastic about working in a dynamic, startup environment where each day is different and presents a new challenge, and you are ready to utilise that motivation to help change the world for the better.
- Pension scheme
- 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Additional wellness days throughout the year
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Administrative ownership of the Quality Management Systems
- Development and deployment of QMS systems, reviewing effectiveness and adherence across both UK and US sites
- Escalation of any product quality issues or non-compliance by team members to appropriate colleagues within Operations (supply chain, manufacturing engineering), R&D, Commercial
- Own relationships with internal customers and external vendors to ensure quality awareness and evidence-based decision-making is common practice
- Document control, change control, training, CAPA, calibration, labeling control and internal audit; participate in supplier audits
- Oversee and support eQMS management system and ERP system interfaces
- Develop product test and inspection criteria and methods, including use of SPC alongside Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Teams.
- Act as Quality point of contact for consumable design transfer and validation
- Develop and monitor appropriate metrics according to current quality KPIs to track system performance and quality data to address improvement of process, design and/or materials
As a cornerstone of the Operations team, you will need to be willing to develop relationships and engage with multiple international teams to maintain high standards of quality. The business have recently implemented Propel to centralise their product management systems but are always looking for new ways to innovate and improve these processes. As they are based in both the US and UK, previous experience in regional quality standards is something they would like to see, but can also help you learn about this as well.
For immediate consideration please forward your most up to date CV
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.