Austin Vita are delighted to be offering to the market a Principal Mechanical Engineering position for our Medical Device Client working in the R&D Group.
The position will be working right the way from initial concept to manufacture and product release, and will suit someone who enjoys the challenges of R&D, innovating new Medical Devices, leading projects, and applying high level Mechanical Engineering to solve complex challenges.
As a Senior Engineer in the team the role will include:
- Leading, planning and executing project work-streams and projects
- Directing and mentoring work completed by less experienced colleagues to support their personal development and ensure that tasks are completed in line with project plans
- Drafting (client) technical reports and design documentation for review ensuring that they are accurate and informed.
- Liaising with customers regarding product development as well as gathering market and user requirements and technical specifications for new products.
- Oversee the procurement of prototype parts using appropriate manufacturing techniques and laboratory testing including the creation of test protocols.
- Oversee the technical analysis of mechanical systems, such as tolerance analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) assessments.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally be:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in an Engineering subject.
- Experience level - Expert - Solid and demonstrable experience gained within a Medical Device industry or similar industrial environment.
- Experience of undertaking the role of Project Manager on technical product development projects.
- Knowledge of a range of manufacturing processes including high volume production of plastic components.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills and of building good relationships with key stakeholders.
The position offers fantastic benefits including; 28 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays, Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental, 8% Pension, active wellbeing programme and more, so if this sounds of interest, please apply ASAP.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.