Excellent opportunity for a development engineer to join our client's team based in Cambridge to help assist and develop new innovative medical devices. The successful candidate will contribute to design, develop and industrialise products to achieve defined performance, function, quality, cost, volume and manufacturing requirements to specification.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays,
- 8% employer contribution to pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Active well-being programme
- Hybrid Working
- To contribute to work packages, plan and provide input/present to Work Package leads; planning using a range of appropriate tools, proactively work with other functions as required and get agreement for final version of plan/s to identify timescales, costs, resource and development activities.
- To manage their work package deliverables, taking corrective action as required and escalating issues if necessary, in order to deliver the product to time and cost.
- To contribute to product design briefs, specify materials and create concept designs to support company growth.
- To contribute to IP in relevant design areas.
- Adopt robust design techniques; follow and capture design requirements, assist in inventing concepts and assessment of design space through analytical modelling and prototype testing. Contribute to design freeze activities. Assist the process to achieve final design version/s (or options) that meet cost, quality and volume targets.
- To scope, define and deliver test reports that will verify the design meets specification. Understand if/when product specification changes are needed and to seek surety regarding compliance with technical and quality requirements.
- To contribute to the technical requirements, capture forums with customers, suppliers, regulatory and quality to co-ordinate and agree technical and quality specifications.
- To provide technical support to product engineers with key change activities and commercial product technical issues as required.
- To operate in compliance with company change control and quality system procedures.
- To adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively developing new technical skills and keeping abreast of developments in the market to help the business achieve a competitive advantage.
- To operate within Design Control and development procedures and processes to ensure consistency of approach across the business.
- To deliver assigned functional objectives ensuring targets are achieved.
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Science discipline preferably Mechanical, Production or Product Design.
- Basic understanding of robust design; requirements capture, designing, modelling, proof of concept and leading design reviews.
- Understanding of how to deliver design and development of precision products and assemblies into manufacturing meeting to agreed quality, cost and volume targets.
- Understanding of project management within significant programmes, problem solving techniques and an understanding of 3D CAD systems.
- Understanding of the appropriate quality & regulatory requirements
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.